I am delighted to announce that Dr. Rebecca Green has accepted a new position as Dewey Editorial Program Manager. In this new role Rebecca will:
- Set strategic direction and extend Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) utility throughout the library and extra-library communities
- Supervise the Dewey editorial team
- Serve as the primary point of contact between OCLC and
- The Library of Congress CIP & Dewey Section Head
- The Dewey Editorial Policy Committee
- The Dewey user community
- Work closely with me, as the new Dewey Product Manager, to ensure the future success of the DDC
Rebecca joined the Dewey editorial team in 2007. In addition to developing and maintaining the classification, she has had specific responsibilities related to DDC training modules and investigation of relationships in the DDC. Prior to joining OCLC, Rebecca was an associate professor in the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland, where she had been a member of the faculty of the College of Information Studies since 1989.
Rebecca has a PhD and MS in Computer Science, and a PhD and MLS in Library and Information Services, all from the University of Maryland. She also has an MA in Linguistics from the University of California, Berkeley, and an AB, magna cum laude, in Music from Harvard University. Rebecca serves on the editorial board of the Knowledge Organization.
Please join me in congratulating Rebecca on this well-deserved promotion!
OCLC Product Manager
Dewey Decimal Classification System